+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: what 9 days off couldn't cure

Monday, June 20, 2005

what 9 days off couldn't cure

I don't really like blonde jokes...or jokes that are degrading to large groups of people (except goths, of course). And I am not blonde. But if I were in the mood to categorize my actions this would be SO blonde.

I just went to a branch office to install a new computer on our network. A 15 minute appointment turned into an hour an a half while I tried to resolve an IP conflict on a Windows 98 machine. Yes people still run Windows 98. When I finally fixed it I called my co-workers to let them know I was on my way back, and to vent about what a pain in the neck this job had been. As I was chatting away and starting the car I realized I only had the car keys in my hand. I said "Oh no! I left my phone up there!" I was of course holding my phone, in my hand, and the call was on speaker phone for my entire department to hear.

I am back and have so many things to share. Just give me a moment to collect my thoughts, or I am bound to make an ass out of myself repeatedly.