+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: t-mobile makes me a crazy lady - pt. 1

Thursday, March 23, 2006

t-mobile makes me a crazy lady - pt. 1

I hate T-Mobile and that is all there is to it. I have ten months left on my contract and time is moving like molasses. I decided the best way to spend this time is to try and make them half as crazy as they have made me. We have to talk about my $270.00 phone bill for last month later, because I am really stuck on this text messaging thing.

I am sure every other cell phone company charges for incoming messages but I feel strangely compelled to fight paying it, kicking and screaming, even if it is only five fucking cents per message. I sent them a letter with my last payment explaining why my check was 25 cents short the total amount owed. I explained to them how crazy it is to charge someone for something they can not refuse. Don't mind me, I am just dropping a bag of dog shit on your door step and will bill you for it later! I don't want to send text messages or receive them. In response to that letter my new friend Donald sent me this:

Dear Crazy Lady:

Thank you for contacting T-Mobile. We have received a request to review the account per the request you ask that the $.25 + tax charge be removed from your account. Per the request you advise that you have no way to block text messages from being sent to your handset, you do not want this feature for any additional cost to you and you have made a payment for $89.97.

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you have encountered.

We see that you have just activated with T-Mobile on 01/10/06 and we would like to thank you for choosing T-Mobile!

We have reviewed your account and found that the current balance is $272.08, the last payment received was for $89.97 received on 02/28/06 and the account is current.

Regarding the disputed text messaging charges; review of the first February cycle shows that there are 5 incoming texts and one outgoing text. Due to T-Mobile billing by the SIM, which is completely unique and cannot be duplicated, the texts were sent/received by your SIM card. The SIM registers to your account and is billed appropriately.

T- Mobile does not offer a way to block incoming texts however you may speak with people that sent them and request they do not send further texts.

Due to the validity of the charges we will not remove the charges.

Thank you for being a T-Mobile customer.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at PO Box 37380, Albuquerque, NM 87176 or via fax # 813-353-6545. Our customer care department is also available 24 hours a day at 800-937-8997.

Sincerely,

Donald Malone

My response to Donald:

Donald,

Thank you for your letter. While reading it I wasted about 5 minutes of my time. I charge $35/hr. which means you owe me $2.92. I also have a new program where I forward all of my incoming AOL CDs to you. Is this the best address to use? I will be charging $5.00/per CD, plus shipping and handling.

I will be visiting family in Albuquerque this July. I would love to get together to further develop this business relationship. Call me. You have my number.

Your bill for March:

$2.92 for wasting my time
$5.00 for your first AOL CD (enclosed)
$.39 Postage

Total Amount due: $8.31

Your prompt payment is appreciated!

Sincerely,

Crazy Lady