+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: the update re: not updating

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

the update re: not updating

I am sad.

I feel like everything is so unsatisfying, even this blog. I wonder if I should delete all of my posts and run away to Nepal.

When I was in high school people talked about going away to find themselves (I know, I know, smoke some more weed), but I really wonder where I am sometimes, and if I will always have fleeting feelings of contentment and focus.

I have made some really big plans, big decisions that now make me cringe. I am getting a major case of cold feet and I just can't figure out what it is I actually want or if I will be in the right place at the right time to find it.

I wish I didn't have to be so vague, but this is just a fake confession website. If I posted the real stuff here I would be fired, dumped, and left for dead.

It might be the lack of warmth and sunshine. I think I feel this way every winter, freak out, lose control of everything, and laugh deliriously as if nothing matters.

Maybe I should make a list of things I am thankful for.