+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: just putting in his 50 cents

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

just putting in his 50 cents

"I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."

That is interesting, since we all had access to the same news programs and clearly Hurricane Katrina wasn't handled well. You don't have to agree with Kanye, but Bush even admitted to not doing the best he could. So what are you talking about 50?

I found Kanye's outburst a little awkward, but I have respect for his courage and for bringing the obvious issue of race to the surface when everyone else kept pussy footing around about it.

50 went on to say:

"I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me."

I honestly don't know enough about 50 cent or Kanye West to tell you who made who famous. But I do know that anyone arrogant enough to make a comment like that, regardless of its truth, sucks.