+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: missed connection with my life

Thursday, October 20, 2005

missed connection with my life

I bought a powerball ticket. I never buy lottery tickets but the hype really got to me this time. On my lunch break yesterday I bought 5 tickets and a hotdog. I felt a little embarrassed standing at the counter asking for lottery tickets and hotdogs. But I really love hotdogs.

When I got back to work a party pooper told me no one in Oregon has ever won the powerball, and that the chances of winning are as good as someone accidentally mailing you the money. But today someone in Oregon won 340 million dollars and when I heard the news that the winner hadn't come forward yet, I felt for a moment that I could be holding the winning ticket.

And what would I do with that much money? Aside from the obvious, I would quit my day job and dress like a mascot.

red robin