+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: friday confessional

Friday, October 21, 2005

friday confessional

I have always felt like I am not good enough. I have voices in my head that tell me I can’t dance, I am a bad friend, I need to do more for my family, I can’t write and I am a boring blogger. I frequently wish I were more interesting, funnier and happier.

It makes me really sad to know that lots of people feel this way, even though the world may see them totally different then they see themselves. My mom thinks she is fat and she isn’t. I think she is the most beautiful, wonderful person in the world and it breaks my heart that she may never see herself the way I see her.

My mom always had scraps of paper taped to the bathroom mirror and the refrigerator, positive affirmations like “I am worthy of being loved.”

I used to think it was ridiculous but I understand now.

The world is such a messed up place. We are damaged by our pasts, the present is filled with disaster and we are bombarded by fear of the future every night on the news.