+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: friday confessional

Friday, July 01, 2005

friday confessional

Somedays I feel like my job is robbing my soul. Like I can't handle doing the 9-5, m-f, two weeks of vacation a year, one moment longer. Like life is too short and all this work stuff is getting in the way of the things I want to do.

And most days I lie in bed thinking about all the excuses I could use to call in sick. But I never do. Like a zombie I roll out of bed and shower and commute and sit here behind this screen typing away on my blog while I answer phones and let the requests and demands of my position get the best of me. Because it is actually a good job, considering all of the other options out there.

Did I mention I am hours away from a four day weekend that will make it to my list of the top ten best weekends ever?