+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: am i losing my mind?

Thursday, June 30, 2005

am i losing my mind?

Dear JC Penney,

I recently purchased a dress from your Washington Square Mall location in Beaverton, OR. I went back to the mall yesterday to return the dress. It was a cute black number with big white polka dots and yellow trim. It caught my eye as I was using your store to get from the food court to the parking lot.

I decided to return it because the trim was so poorly sewn on. At the counter, I learned that the cashier had to credit my Penney's card since I used it to purchase the item. This was upsetting to me since I had already paid off the card. But after the return was complete I browsed the store hoping to find a way to burn the credit.

And this is when my melt down began…

There is nothing in your entire store I want. This was SO shocking to me that it took TWO visits, totaling an hour each, and time out of my workday as I browsed your website in a fruitless frenzy. I was hell bent on spending this money and short of pulling my hair out have decided to write this letter and end this relationship for good.

There were shoppers in the store, so I am sure you have a great customer base. The only problem is that I am not a part of that group and I in no way, shape, or form, will ever use this card ever again. I am trusting that you will cancel my card, refund the $26.99 in the form of a check and we can just chalk this up to a simple mistake with no hard feelings.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need anything from me to see this relationship to a close.

Sincerely,