+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: memories from a high school drop out

Monday, April 04, 2005

memories from a high school drop out

Snagged this from Maria. My ten year high school reunion is coming up and I am in total shock that it has been TEN YEARS since I watched my class graduate without me.

1. What High School did you attend?
Ashland High School

2. What year was it?
1991-1995

3. What were your favorite band(s) or artist(s)?
Oh man, we listened to a lot of music. Johnny Cash, Wu-Tang Clan, and NOFX were all extremely important to me.

4. What was your favorite outfit?
I wore a lot of black and a leather biker jacket. I was a total tom boy, so jeans and t-shirts mostly. The only thing that really stands out in my mind is the insane amount of jewelry I used to wear: rings, necklaces, my septum was pierced as well as several rings in my ears. I remember my step-mom suggesting that all of my jewelry might be getting in the way of me finding gainful employment. I thought she was crazy.

5. What was up with your hair?
It was long and straight. I dyed it a lot. Some of the colors I remember are pink, fire engine red, tangerine and white blonde with black streaks.

6. Who was your best friend(s)?
Jenni Dotson, Katrina Buchanan, Jessica Hammons, Maria Carreon, Kekoa Oliver, Damian Ferguson.

7. What did you do after school?
Whatever the fuck I wanted to do. (where were my parents?!)

8. Where did you work?
A pizza parlor and several hotels as a housekeeper.

9. Did you take the bus?
A couple of times. I got my license when I was 15 so I drove my car a lot. I really didn't spend a lot of time at school so there was no point in getting on a bus headed there.

10. Who did you have a crush on?
I had a boyfriend I was totally sick over. So I can't really remember too many crushes.

11. Did you have a girlfriend/boyfriend and who?
Jude.

12. Did you fight with your parents?
Where were my parents?

13. Did you ever get detention?
No. I was asked to go to the principal's office once in metal shop. Jessie, Katrina and I were laughing so hard we were crying. We were being extremely disruptive to the poor students that actually wanted to learn something. Mr. Russo (the craziest substitute teacher ever) asked us to go the Principal's office. We left campus.

14. Favorite Subject?
Cooking and Drivers Ed.

16. Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?
Perry Farrell, Layne Staley, was it that long ago? I can't seem to remember...

17. Did you smoke cigarettes?
My most prominent memories of high school revolve around cigarettes, smoking them and trying to acquire them. I am grateful that I don't let them rule my life now.

18. Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day?
I don't think I was in class the day they issued books.

19. Best event ever?
Too many to count. I had (still have) some of the funnest friends ever and there was rarely a dull moment.