+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: i had an internet boyfriend

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

i had an internet boyfriend

It is true. I met someone online and dated him for 9 months. I have no crazy stories to tell you about the relationship, other than the fact that he couldn’t keep his nose out of a fucking book the ENTIRE time we were in New York City. He did have some weird friends though. One of these characters wanted to know if I listened to Tool, immediately after meeting me. When I told him I didn’t he seemed really let down.

I don’t think the music I listen to defines me. Something that might speak louder about who I am is the fact that I listen to music all of the time, I like it loud and I love to sing along even if I don’t know the words.

I fall deeply in love with music.

I rarely like an artist or an entire genre which makes it hard to buy albums. One of the most special gifts I can give someone is a mix of music that I love; like a snap shot of my soul right at that very moment. Here is a list of songs I am utterly addicted to right now, a mix for you internet!

Sugarcubes – Hit
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Maps
Lamb - Gorecki
Neutral Milk Hotel – Three Peaches
The Postal Service – Such Great Heights
Cocteau Twins – Kissed Out Red Float Boat
Belle and Sebastian – Boy with the Arab Strap
Cat Power – Speak for Me
Sleater-Kinney – One Song for You
Placebo – Bigmouth Strikes Again