+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: my golden super bowl moment

Monday, February 07, 2005

my golden super bowl moment

Even though I don't like sporting events I go to Jenni's super bowl party every year because I love eating hot wings and chugging beer like a frat boy.

For some reason we decided to drive my car to the party, which caused a lot of frustration because it kept stalling in the middle of moving traffic. After the 5th stall we decided to go back and get Tom's car. All of this making us late. And I hate being late. So when I finally got to Jenni's I was immediately occupied by unwinding in the form of large vodka drinks.

Now I am not a stupid girl. But it seems like everyday I learn something new that everyone else already knows. Like the soup of the day is clam chowder on Friday. I didn't know that. I have no problem telling people when I don't know something, because I really do love to learn new things. As long as it isn't about sports, I tune all of that out.

You want to know what I said don't you? The party stopper. The one thing that makes all other conversations screech to a halt so everyone can get a good look at the girl who just said "Paul McCartney is the last Beatle left? I didn't know Eric Clapton died."

And there you have it. My weekly contribution to the file labeled I don't know what I am talking about, where you will find other entertaining items such as, "Elton John is gay?"