+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: how to almost burn the house down

Thursday, January 20, 2005

how to almost burn the house down

In middle school I was the primary care provider for my little sister while my mom worked and went to school. I spent a lot of time at home doing really stupid things, one of which involved building my own stereo for my bedroom when my mom wouldn't buy me one. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

What you will need:

1 walkman (remove batteries)
1 set of headphones
1 electrical cord from an old lamp or kitchen appliance
1 car stereo speaker


  • Plug headphones into walkman.

  • Cut the ear pieces off and throw away.

  • Attach stripped headphone wires to the car stereo speaker (where the speaker wire would attach).

  • Attach stripped electrical cord wires to the battery terminals inside of the walkman.

  • Insert your favorite tape, preferable Guns 'N Roses, Appetite for Destruction.

  • Plug into a wall jack.

  • Stand back!