+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: turkey, dogs and a fender bender

Monday, November 29, 2004

turkey, dogs and a fender bender

We began the weekend at a cocktail party drinking spanish coffees with a few of Tom's co-workers. My Dad was on his way into town, so I had to be home at 10:00 to meet him. I felt like a teenager again, like if I wasn't home on time I would get into trouble. The spanish coffees were to die for and I met a really awesome girl I hope to see again.

We invited a hodgepodge of people over for Thanksgiving dinner including: my old co-worker and friend Barb (from BCTI), my Dad and his long time girlfriend, my aunt on my Mom's side, and Tom's friend Steve. I would like to note that Steve has two dogs, Booker T and Suarte. They are very large and should count as two additional people.


and the dogs waited patiently for turkey...





tryptophan comma



The rest of the weekend consisted of me drinking a lot of red wine, singing kareoke at a lesbian bar and "brushing" up against a parked car, denting the fuck out of my passenger side doors. I will be at home behaving myself for the next week, knitting, playing soccer and reading Eats, Shoots and Leaves.