+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: its my birthday!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

its my birthday!

I love kids and I especially love communicating with them while driving, in seperate cars. Kids in school buses, back seats etc...I think that kids are so fun and creative and have so much excitment bottled up inside them that hasn't been the least bit fizzled out by lifes hard blows.

A few days ago I was driving to work and pulled up next to a big ass black BMW sedan with tinted windows. The rear window started to unroll at which point I noticed two girls in the back seat, both were around 8 or 9 years old. The one farthest from the window leaned over so she could see me and mouthed the words "It's my birthday!", with the most excited look on her face. I immediately started beaming and felt her excitement run through me. I wish I could find her today so I could tell her "It's my birthday!", I bet she would be really excited for me.