+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: hey asshole

Friday, October 29, 2004

hey asshole

On my lunch break today I decided to go to the Goodwill, this is something I do frequently on my lunch hour when I don't have anything better to do. I don't need anything, or at least I don't think I do until I get there and find that previously loved item I can't possibly live without.

The Goodwill in Beaverton is not all that great, and I have had some very frustrating moments with the staff (they keep the bathroom locked and when you ask if you can use it they call over the loud speaker for someone to come and unlock it. I almost peed my pants waiting for someone who never came. I had to ask three times before they were able to make the proper connection, I was SERIOUSLY considering peeing on the floor.)

Who is the asshole you might be wondering at this point. I am.

I pulled into the parking lot and it was fucking packed. Why would I choose to go there the Friday before Halloween? I didn't have a lunch date and I need a pair of black pants super bad (which has been the most disappointing search of my entire life). So I am pulling in, and there is no where to park. Not a single parking spot. At this point I could have left but I figured I drove ALL THAT WAY I might as well make myself a little spot. I was not blocking anyone from coming in or out of the parking lot and not blocking anyone from leaving their spots. I went in and went shopping. It was a total drag because I thought I found the black pants I have been searching for relentlessly but my ass was too big. On my way out to my car I saw a piece of paper on my windshield. I snatched the piece of paper from the window and read "hey asshole why don't you block the entire parking lot nextime."

I like to proofread my work when I am calling someone an asshole. That is just me. I can't begin to tell you how happy I would have been if I were able to see this person in action as they were placing the piece of paper on my windshield, lifting my wiper. I would have freaked the fuck out.