+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: clique-ity cliques

Thursday, September 30, 2004

clique-ity cliques

So I like to make fun of people that are predictable and boring and easily fit themselves into stereotypes.

I dislike cliques.

I am plagued with clique-a-phobia.

After a life time in Ashland I am burned out with hippies. Ayear in New Orleans and I dead tired of goths, and now after four years in Portland I am find nothing indie about hipsters.

My friend Maria hit the nail on the head today when she said:

"I forgot to tell you that I just now put my finger on what it is that I CANNOT STAND about hipsters.

They take themselves and their "interests" so seriously and they have that whole "misunderstood" complex that used to be exclusive to goths. Hipsters are the new goths."

Yes they are Maria. Yes they are.