+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: my dad rocks

Monday, June 21, 2004

my dad rocks

My Dad is one of my best friends and is one of the most intelligent, level headed people I have ever met in my life except when it comes to one thing: running.


He is just crazy about running. He has been a runner my entire life but it just got out of control over the last 5 or 6 years. He has most recently been training for his second 100 mile run. For all of you who want to ask if you get to take a break, or sleep, or do it over a few days, the answer is no. That is running 100 miles straight.


I will be flying out this Friday to help crew for his participation in the Western States 100. His girlfriend and I will meet him at check points along the way to help him change shoes, socks, get flash lights for night running, fill water bottles and give general encouragement. Wish us luck, not that I will need any but I really do hate snakes and don't want to see any!