+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: it felt so good

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

it felt so good

I hadn't donated anything yet. I was waiting. Which made me feel guilty. But I wanted to make sure I could donate money to the best cause, and there are so many good causes. I just wanted my donation to count and it is so hard to toss 100 dollars at the Red Cross knowing that they have already received hundreds of millions of dollars and there are still people that need water to drink.

Covington, LA is on the other side of Lake Pontchartrain. Covington, like many other smaller areas were being completely overlooked even as the feds finally made it to NOLA. It is a common theme for this tragedy but the people in Covington have yet to see any federal assistance and there is a great need there because their town is devastated as well.

The Veterans for Peace are in Covington. They are accepting donations of supplies and money. You can go to the store, buy supplies from their list of needs and mail a package to them! Or you can donate money via Paypal.