+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: the whistle done been blowed

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

the whistle done been blowed

I am half way through my third krispy kreme doughnut. And I am thinking: these are really good.

The BCTI investigation is over and I couldn't be happier with the results. I was asked on several occasion what I hoped to gain, if I was after money or fame. You read right, fame. It is amazing how some people totally miss the fucking point. I had a student in my class with a traumatic brain injury and I was asked to pass him even though he couldn't do the work. What would you do?

An old co-worker recently emailed me and said: "you are the only person I have ever met that actually stood by her values when a situation called for it."

That is why I did it. Because it was the right thing to do. And I had nothing to gain, rather a lot to lose.

You can read more about the bcti chronicles here.