+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: whiskey tango

Thursday, September 09, 2004

whiskey tango

My family has been a source of constant amusement for most of my life. To give you a taste of what I deal with on a daily basis, here are a few highlights:

My oldest sister was just arrested for selling Meth out of her home. She has four children under the age of 15, lives in a school zone and adorns her bed with pillows that have been neatly embroidered with nazi symbols.

All of my sisters have the names of men tattooed on their bodies, none of whom they are still with.

None of my sisters talk to each other but they all talk to me.

I am the only sane one.

My mother is on her 5th marriage to a man who is nice, but has a shitload of his own problems. Inheriting my mother's load I think may be causing him to loose his mind.

I recently (20 minutes ago) received an email from my mom's email address. After reading through the thread I realize that it isn't my mom sitting at the computer. Her husband has opened her email, read a message from my Aunt (who doesn't like him) and responded to her from my mom's email account. Apparently he has forwarded it to me, for reasons I am not aware of yet.

I responded to him, at my mom's email address since it is a good way to get in touch with him, and asked him two questions.

1. Why are you checking other people's email?
2. Why did you forward this to me?