+ confessions of a red-headed stepchild: wwmd

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

wwmd

No this is not about weapons of mass destruction, because there weren't any. This is "What Would Martha Do". For those of you who don't know, I am in love with Martha Stewart. Why do I love her? Because I could never think of this on my own.

My opinion of her situation in the news: I don't care.

Someone once told me "Darcie you are a strange mix between Nancy Spungen and Martha Stewart". I think this is because my house is always clean and I have been known to stay awake until the sunrises. I do love Martha. I have no idea who she is, I am not going to read Martha, Inc. because I don't care. I just want to live my life according to the calendar in each Martha Stewart Living magazine. I wish I had the time to go fly fishing, prune my roses, have a party, celebrate birthdays, tend to a vegtable garden, organize pantries and still trade stock at the end of each day.

Martha tip of the day:

"Don’t weep over chopped onions. If you cut them near an open flame, the gaseous sulfur compounds they release into the air will burn off before they can irritate your eyes. A gas burner works best, but if your stove is electric, try lighting a votive candle near your chopping board instead. "